The nineteenth-century market of Sant’Ambrogio, the teaching sites of the Department (ex-Faculty) of Architecture, the State Archives and the recent intervention of the Murate, are some of the places of interest surrounding the site. You need to consider whether to create a new center for the community, a framework that encourages interaction between residents, tourists and students. A Florence Cultural Centre, space for exhibitions and events, will embody this aspiration becoming one of the main places of the city.
There is no limit for the competition. No country restriction nor age limits. It is open to graduate students, graduates or professionals. You can participate as an individual or as a group (max 5 components). In this second case it is necessary to select a leader to have a contact person for official communications. All competitors have the same rights and must fulfill the same obligations. Groups can be mixed or use more professionals, they may be composed by graduate and undergraduate students.
Registration is open until the last day of delivery processed 16th December 2016. The registration procedures are as follows:
- Special entry: from 5th September – 25th September the fee entry is of 15€ for who will use PayPal, 20€ for who will use bank transfer.
- Ordinary entry: from 26th Sepetember – 27th November the fee entry is of 20€ for who will use PayPal, 25€ for who will use bank transfer.
- Extraordinary entry: from 28th November – 16th December the fee is of 25€ for who will use payPal, 30€ for who will use bank transfer.
The methods of payment are the following:
- PayPal: You can submit your entry fee by referring to the email@example.com
- Bank Transfer: For those wishing to pay by bank transfer, you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. There are no refunds in any circumstances. By sending the registration fee you accept every point of this regulation.
FAQ: For some questions you can use our email: email@example.com
The official languages of the competition are: English, Italian, Spanish.
Materials and deadlines
The files must be sent in a single solution, every files must contain the alphanumeric code in its title, before 16th December 2016 (23:59 italian time). After the delivery, it cannot be forwarded again to be replaced and should not be missing from any of the points listed below; who does not respect the Regulation is excluded from the contest. The documentation that should be presented:
- Model A: Please find it at the end of the regulation. You should send it in PDF format
- Project table: A digital file format A0 and drawn horizontally. It should be delivered in JPG format with a resolution not exceeding 150 dpi. Anyone can decide how to draw up their work by inserting the elaborate plans, sections, three-dimensional reconstructions, render etc. The thesis project must contain at the top right a alphanumeric identifier (max 6 units) that each participant will choose freely.
- Relation of project: A A4 Word format, maximum 4,000 characters including spaces, why no inserted images or graphics design. It should describe the formal reasons and functional characterization of the proposal. In the header, you must insert the alphanumeric code.
The winners of the competition will be communicated no later than 9th January 2017. The awards are as following:
- First prize: 500€ (excluding withholding tax) for each participant + 1 year subscription to the digital version of the magazine Domus + 1 copy of all our Notiziario magazine + our publications in digital copy + free participation in all of our future contests.
- Second prize: 1 year subscription to the digital version of the magazine Domus + 1 copy of our Notiziario magazine + our publications in digital copy + free participation in all of our future contests.
- Third prize: 1 copy of our Notiziario magazine + our publications in digital copy + free participation in all of our future contests.
All projects with recognition will be published on our site. For the winner, it is a necessary condition to answer an interview. Following this you will be paid the prize money that will be sent within 60 days from the announcement of the winners.