The Troldtekt Award 2014: the bloggers’ pick of this week’s competitions!
“The Troldtekt panel is a traditional and natural acoustic ceiling product made of Danish wood and cement. However, it is also very flexible which means it can be cut to size and used in completely new ways. In 2010 and 2012, the students competing for the Troldtekt Award came up with a host of creative ideas. Consequently, we are thrilled to be launching this year’s competition”. Peer Leth, CEO of Troldtekt A/S.
The competition last took place in 2012, when Troldtekt received entries from 23 countries. The 2012 competition was awarded to Matthias Kisch from the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts in Copenhagen for his Acoustic Synecdoche project, an acoustic cloud sculpture with the option of integrated lighting.
Three international architects on the judges’ committee.
The deadline for registering for the Troldtekt Award is 1 April 2014. Project proposals must then be uploaded on the competition website by 30 April 2014.
TROLDTEKT AWARD 2014 – JUDGES’ COMMITTEE:
• Jorge Vidal, architect, Foro Director and co-founder of Rahola Vidal Architects, Barcelona. ESARQ-UIC professor, Director of Foros ESARQ.
• Bjarne Mastenbroek, architect, founder of SeARCH architects, Amsterdam
• Mikkel Frost, architect, co-founder and partner of CEBRA A/S
• Peer Leth, CEO, Troldtekt A/S
• Niels Kappel, product developer, Troldtekt
by Mia Pujol, EARQ-UIC Publications Team